Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Training Update

My training is slowing down a bit due to the cold weather. I haven't gone running for a week and a half due to the cold weather and the snow and ice on the ground. I'm wimping out, I know.

I have been swimming weekly and I went today. At the end of my little workout, I decided to time myself for a couple 50 yard laps. I did one lap fast, almost at a sprint speed for me, and it took me about 50 seconds. I then caught my breath and did one lap at a more reasonable speed and clocked in at 1:05 - 1:10.

So, that's pretty close to my goal of about 1 minute per 50 yards. Right now, I don't think I could maintain that speed for a 1/2 mile, but at least the goal feels achievable at this point.

There were very few people at the pool today, so that was quite nice. I had a lane to myself the whole time. I tried to practice a flip turn, but it didn't go well. I ended up doing a full flip and facing the wall again. I need to look into that a little bit.

No comments: